Summit Terminaling Services' mission is to provide comprehensive, tailored, practical and cost effective services to the midstream energy space.
- Summit Terminaling Services, LLC was established 2001 in Cumming, Georgia (32 miles NNE Atlanta)
- The Summit team collectively has 130+ years of diverse, “hands-on” bulk liquids terminal operating experience.
- Offers multi-faceted services to the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors including producers, refiners, manufacturers, traders, processors, terminal operators and end users of bulk liquid commodities.
- Diverse experience includes crude oil, refined products, petrochemical chemicals, LPG, base oils, asphalts, fertilizers and renewable fuels.
- Service offerings are tailored to meet specific client service and performance expectations.
- Commercialized, engineered, permitted, constructed, commissioned and operated a brownfield methanol terminal for Air Products
Summit's leadership team is unique in that we truly understand "both sides of the fence" relative to operations, engineering and commercial negotiations, while relying on an intense understanding of the inner workings of the facility technically and operationally.
MIKE TURCHI - President
Starting his career in 1977, Mike has extensive experience in the bulk liquid terminal and pipeline industries in engineering, development, operations and business development. Mike served as West Coast Engineering Manager and as Corporate Director of Engineering and Operations for GATX Terminals, responsible for oversight of all U.S. and United Kingdom facilities. Mike joined Independent Terminal and Pipeline Company (ITAPCO) in 1993 as an owner\operator of twenty two (22) terminals along the US inland river systems, until its sales TransMontaigne Oil Company in 1997. At TransMontaigne, he served as Vice President of Business Development responsible for 150 terminals, 2,000 miles of interstate pipelines and a large portfolio of clients. Mike resigned from TransMontaigne in 2001 to found Summit Terminaling Services, LLC, a terminal operations and consulting business. Since its formation Summit has managed assets, managed countless projects, consulted on a wide range of acquisitions and developed new companies specializing in the terminal business.
STEVE TURCHI – Vice President
Steve Turchi began his career in 1977 and is an expert in the bulk liquids terminals industry. Steve has diverse global terminal experience in strategic planning, business development, commercial development, terminals management, operations management and engineering. Following his college internships, Steve joined the US Army Corp of Engineers in 1982 as a Project Engineer, later joining Municipal Engineering in 1984 as Project Engineer. Steve resigned from Municipal Engineering accepting progress positions in GATX from 1988 to 1992 as Terminal Project Engineer, Terminal Engineering Manager and Assistant Operations Manager. Steve left GATX in 1992 to join Paktank, Deer Park (now Vopak) serving as Land Activities Operations Manager and later, Terminal Manager for the Galena Park Terminal. In 1997, Steve resigned from Paktank and joined Stolthaven Terminals for over 16 years in the positions of Terminal Manager, Marketing Manager, General Manager, Regional Director of China and Regional Director of North America. Steve resigned from Stolthaven Terminals in 2013 to join Intercontinental Terminals (ITC) as Sr. Vice President of Business Development. Steve resigned from ITC in 2015 to join Summit Terminaling, LLC.